Thursday, January 7, 2021

Year in review

 My year in review book edition

How many books did I read? 35 books which is a lot for me.


Genres read: Science fiction, fiction, romance suspense , thrillers and cozy mystery.


Shortest book  read ( 222 pages): Debbie Macomber -  Angels at the Table - 4 stars out of 5 stars

Longest book read (512 pages) :  Karen Swan - Christmas Under The Stars





Since I already talked about my top five series book in the previous post.  This is going to be my top 5 others books this year:


1: Mary Kay Andrews -  Beach Town 

 I always enjoy her books, they are nice easy reads but always so much fun to read.  I really love this one.  4/5 stars. 

 


2 Silver Girl - Elin Hilderbrand

 Every summer I read one of her books when I go on vacation and even with Covid we were still able to go on a little trip so I took this book with me.  I really love this book.  I just wanted to keep reading and reading this book. Great characters, and I love all the twists and turns - 4/5

 


 

 

3: Beach Girls

 Love this author.  I really enjoyed this book.  I definitely fall in love with the characters. I know this book it is sort of like a series because in her other books you sometimes have characters from previous books but I had to include this book in my list of favorite.  4/5



4: High Noon - Nora Roberts

This was a great romantic suspense book, it had lots of suspense but it had some romance too.  I love all the twists and turns in the book -  4/5



5:  Christmas Under The Stars -  Karen Swan

Karen Swan is one of my favorite authors, I enjoy her books so much, I read two of her books this year.  I really like this one  as some of it was set in Canada which I like since I live in Canada.  Even though the title says Christmas there wasn't a lot about Christmas, but it didn't matter much to me.  I love the characters in this story, It was a long book but I read it so quickly because I  was so invested in the characters.  4/5




New authors  that I read this year:


Brenda Novak

Stef Ann Holm

Leslie Budwitz

Emma Newman

Maddie Day

Mary Roach



1 comment:

  1. Oh that's a great reading year. I really love that you enjoyed Beach Girls by Luanne Rice. I so enjoyed all her books in that series - at least sort of a series I think. Hope your 2021 reading will be as fruitful.

    ReplyDelete